Gates Cambridge Scholarship! Fully-funded scholarships from the Bill Gates Foundation are available for postgraduate study at Cambridge University in the United Kingdom. The full cost of attending Cambridge University is covered by the scholarship. Seize this once-in-a-lifetime chance to study for free in Europe.
Table of Contents
What is Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation made the largest single grant to a UK university—$210 million—to the University of Cambridge in October 2000, establishing the Gates Cambridge Scholarship program.
Gates Cambridge awards around 80 full-fee scholarships a year to deserving non-UK students who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree in any field offered by the University of Cambridge. Around 25 awards will be given out in the US round, and 55 awards will be given out in the worldwide round, with around two-thirds of these grants going to Ph.D. candidates. For more information click here: Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Who can apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
To be eligible for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you must be:
- A national of any nation outside of the UK
- who wishes to enroll in one of the following programs at the University of Cambridge:
- Ph.D. (part-time or full-time)
- MLitt (full-time) (full-time)
- One year of full-time postgraduate study
- For entrance in October 2023, Gates Cambridge is testing a program that enables candidates to apply for funding for a part-time doctoral degree.
For further detail, you can check here. Who can Apply?
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Coverage
Candidates that are chosen will receive the full tuition charge.
- A maintenance budget.
- Flight ticket in economy class for the program’s start and finish.
- Health surcharges and inbound visa fees.
- The fieldwork expenses should be covered by university fees, so the scholarship won’t pay them.
- The trust may also give families with kids a family stipend between £10,120 and £14,140.
- Financial assistance for unforeseeable issues.
The application process for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Through the university’s Graduate Application Portal, candidates submit their applications for admission and financial aid (including Gates Cambridge and other funds).
To be eligible for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you must complete the Gates Cambridge portion of the funding section as well as the sections to apply for admission to a course and a college place. To examine applications, Gates Cambridge has access to the whole admissions and financing application.
You are requesting admission to a certain graduate program and a college position in this section. You will provide the usual details regarding your background, academic achievements, plans, and suitability for the selected course.
You can submit applications for a variety of financial aid programs sponsored by the university and affiliated organizations in this section, including the Gates Cambridge Scholarships, which has its subsection. To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you must submit the following information:
- Gates Cambridge statement
- Research proposal (Ph.D. applicants only)
- Gates Cambridge reference
Detail of each submission requirement form can be read from here Requirement submission details
Deadlines for Courses offered by Gates Cambridge Scholarship
All the courses have a different deadlines you can see the deadline by choosing the course from here Courses deadline directory
You can view the other scholarships which are available for international students: