Fully Funded TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowships have been established by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Türkiye (TÜBİTAK) and TWAS for international scholars from developing countries in the South who wish to work toward a PhD in a field of the natural and related applied sciences in departments and labs of public and private universities of Türkiye (Turkey) and TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
|Host Institute||Public and private universities in Turkey|
|Minimum degree held||MSc|
|Eligible Nationality||Developing countries in the South|
|Fellowship Type||Fully Funded|
|Duration||6 to 12 month|
|Closing Date||25 December 2023|
Table of Contents
TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowships in Turkey Without IELTS
- TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowships Program is offered for a sandwich research stay for Ph.D. students from developing countries registered to pursue a Ph.D. in their home country or another developing country (excluding Turkey).
- Applicants must pass the doctoral aptitude test or be in the advanced stages of a doctoral degree. In this context, they must submit a letter from their supervisor confirming their full involvement in the work of the laboratory for their doctoral dissertation. paper.
- TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowships Program is available for faculties and institutes of public and private universities in Turkey for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months.
- English proficiency is necessary. However, if your means of education were in English, you are not required to provide TOEFL or IELTS certificates.
- To assist candidates in choosing a suitable host institution, a list of public and private universities in Turkey is available at the link below:
Eligible Fields for TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowships
The following fields are eligible TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowship Programme:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences, Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space, and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology
Benefits of TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowships Programme
The following are the benefits of the TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowship Programme:
- TWAS will provide travel support to and from the researcher’s country of residence to Turkey and will cover visa costs.
- TÜBİTAK will pay monthly allowances in amounts determined by TÜBİTAK to cover accommodation and living expenses.
- For illnesses, TÜBİTAK will offer Medical facilities available in Turkey for the amount specified by TÜBİTAK.
- Study fees, including tuition fees, registration, and research costs, should be waived or covered by the host institutes.
Applicants for TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be permanent residents and nationals of a developing country.
- Candidates from Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLC) and women are particularly encouraged to apply. A list of STLCs can be found at https://twas.org/66-countryries.
- By the application deadline, the candidate must have enrolled in a doctoral program in natural and associated applied sciences at a university in their native country or another developing country. The candidate must be in an advanced stage of their PhD study in the natural sciences and allied applied sciences, or have passed the PhD qualifying exam.
- Must not have any visa for temporary or permanent residence in Turkey or any developed country.
- Applicants already in place in the host country (Turkey) are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in natural and related applied sciences (in one of the fields listed above).
- Maximum age of 35 by December 31 of the year of application.
- Candidates who have obtained a doctorate from a Turkish university must obtain a letter of acceptance from a university other than the university where they obtained their doctorate and must conduct research under a supervisor different from that of their doctoral supervisor.
- Should have been enrolled in a doctoral program at a university in the home country or another developing country.
- They must have successfully passed the doctoral qualifying examination or be in an advanced phase of doctoral research in the natural and related applied sciences (in the fields listed in the call).
- Not to undertake any other duties during the term of the Fellowship.
- To be financially responsible for accompanying family members.
- Have never received any funding from this program.
- After completing the fellowship, you must return to your home country.
Documents/Material Required to Apply
The following documents are required to apply for the fully funded TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate fellowships program:
- Provide an official acceptance letter from an eligible department, institution, or laboratory of a public or private university in Turkey or TÜBİTAK research centers and institutes. (Host Acceptance Letter_Template)
- *Note: Acceptance letter must be directed to the selected host institution in Turkey, and NOT to TÜBİTAK. Without pre-acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection. The acceptance letter must be signed by the highest authority of the chosen host institution. The maximum number of academic advisors in Turkey can be 2 (two).
- Proof of English proficiency. If your means of education were not in English: Provide evidence in English, such as a standardized test card (TOEFL or IELTS) or a university-issued letter demonstrating language proficiency.
- If the medium of instruction is English, please briefly describe what type of instruction was given in English. If you have a high school, bachelor’s, or master’s degree, this declaration must be signed and dated by the applicant.
- Submit a Research proposal form in the format specified by TÜBİTAK (Research Proposal Form Template)
The deadline for fully funded TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowships in Turkey is December 25, 2023.
- Applications for TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowships must be submitted online only via the TÜBİTAK online application system. To access the TÜBİTAK online application system, please go to the following URL: http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/
- In order to submit the TÜBİTAK online application form, candidates must first create a platform profile in the TÜBİTAK Researcher Information System (ARBİS), which is available at: https://arbis.tubitak.gov.tr/home.jsf
- The information in the Researcher Information System (ARBIS) of the researchers who wish to apply to the program and the academic advisor(s) in Turkey must be current before submitting online.
- Applicants must be aware that TÜBİTAK and TWAS will not accept applications submitted in any other way than through the online application form.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit an electronic application as soon as possible.
For more details and to apply for fully funded TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowships in Turkey, go to the official website.