The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a partnership between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), and the Singapore Management University (SMU). It is sponsored by the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR). SINGA provides financial support to international students pursuing a Ph.D. in Singapore.
|Fellowship Type||Fully Funded|
|Benefits||monthly stipend, travel allowance|
|Closing Date||1 December 2023|
A thriving and culturally varied research community of international students is fostered by the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA). In cutting-edge settings, you’ll collaborate with eminent and internationally renowned scholars in a multicultural setting.
Table of Contents
Benefits of the Singapore International Graduate Award
Up to four years of PhD study may be supported by the prize, which includes:
- Tuition Fees
- A monthly stipend of S$2,200 will be paid, and this amount will increase to S$2,700 when the qualifying examination is passed.
- A one-time gift of up to S$1,500 for travel
- $1,000 as a one-time settling-in bonus
- Open to all international graduates with a love of research and strong academic performance
- Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents, and foreign students now enrolled in or who have previously enrolled in higher institutions in Singapore are not eligible. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Recommendations from academic sources.
- Students are awarded a PhD degree by NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU after successfully completing the program.
This may be beneficial to you:
Eligible Research Fields
At A*STAR research institutes and NTU/NUS/SUTD/SMU, the PhD training is conducted in English in the student’s chosen lab. SINGA offers funding for PhD programs in the physical sciences, engineering, and computer and information sciences.
Documents/Material Required to Apply
Prepare a research proposal in collaboration with your prospective supervisor. This proposal should outline your intended research project and its significance. The following documents are required to apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award:
- Valid Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Academic records from a bachelor’s or master’s program.
- Bachelor’s degree certificate(s) or scroll(s), or, if your degree certificate or scroll has not yet been bestowed, a letter of certification from the university on your candidacy.
- 2 recommendation reports, which the referees must complete and submit electronically.
- Candidates who are applying to NUS supervisors or projects must include their GRE results in their SINGA application.
- For all other applicants, the university may ask you to provide acceptable GRE scores as part of the admissions process.
- The institution may later request the submission of IELTS, TOEFL, SAT I & II, and GATE results for admission.
Singapore International Graduate Award Deadline
1 December 2023 (23:59 GMT +8 Singapore Time) is the submission deadline for the August 2024 intake.
Do get the paperwork mentioned above ahead of time before applying. Go to the application portal(link given below) and create an account there to register. Fill out the application form carefully according to the instructions and upload the required documents.
- Please make sure the information you enter when creating your account in the application portal is valid because it will be used to verify your identity when you first log in.
- After checking in, please make sure you apply for the right scholarship—the “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)”—on the application site.
- Do NOT send any hard copies of papers to the SINGA Office by mail.
- Send in your applications as soon as you can. As only applications with two recommendation reports will be considered, this will give your referees plenty of time to submit their online recommendation reports prior to the application deadline.
- Please double-check and make sure that all of the information you have given in the online application form is accurate and proper before submitting it. After the application is submitted, changes cannot be made.