Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) offers fully funded CDT scholarships to passionate students who are committed to changing the world through world-class research that focuses on enhancing human capabilities through data-driven and intelligence-enabled systems. The program lasts 4 years and includes an integrated master’s program.
|Subject area||Computer Science|
|Aligned Program of Study||Enhancing Human Collaborations and Interactions with Data and Intelligence-Driven Systems,|
CDT Integrated MSc and PhD
|Mode of Study||Full or Part-time|
|Closing Date||1 March 2023|
|No. of Scholarships||11|
|Funding Organization||Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)|
|Scholarship Type||Fully Funded|
Table of Contents
Swansea University is a public research university based in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. Swansea University has three faculties across its two campuses located on the shores of Swansea Bay. Singleton Park Campus is located in Singleton Park to the west of Swansea city center. The Bay Campus is located next to Jersey Marine Beach to the east of Swansea in the Neath Port Talbot area.
Details of Fully Funded CDT Scholarships for PhD Students
The scholarship is funded by the UK’s Premier Science and Engineering body, the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), at Swansea University. The candidates will have a chance to work with a rich and diverse set of industry, public, and third-sector partners – including Facebook, Tata, Ordnance Survey, Amicus Therapeutics, the NHS, and Google. Successful candidates will use a people-first approach to deliver exciting, adventurous, and impactful scientific discoveries.
Candidates should have a strong interest in computational thinking and methods, as well as the ability to write software or the desire to learn how to do so. While such aptitude may be demonstrated by a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering, we are constructing a community that strives for a high degree of diversity of viewpoint. So, if you have a background in the Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, or Management, you are encouraged to apply.
This year we have 11 fully funded places (fees plus maintenance stipend set at the UKRI rate, currently £17,668 per annum for 2022/23 for full-time students, updated each year).
Benefits of Fully Funded CDT Scholarships for PhD Students
The following are the benefits of Fully Funded CDT Scholarships:
- These scholarships cover the full cost of tuition fees
- An annual stipend (currently £17,668 per year for 2022/23 for full-time students, updated annually).
- Additional research costs will also be available.
Eligibility for Fully Funded CDT Scholarships for PhD Students
To apply for Fully Funded CDT Scholarships the candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates of any nationality can apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates should be talented and skilled in computational approaches, including the desire to learn how to develop software.
- The minimum entry requirement is a 2.1 BA or equivalent recognized by Swansea University.
- For non-native English speakers, an average IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in any element is required.
You MUST upload the following documents as part of your online application (please do not email them):
- Curriculum vitae
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your previous grades are sufficient)
- Proof of meeting English language requirements (if applicable).
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on letterhead or using the Swansea University reference form. Please note that we are unable to accept accepted references stating private email accounts such as Hotmail. Referees should provide their work email addresses for reference verification.
- A statement of no more than 2 A4 pages explaining why you want to join our Center and what you will bring to our community. You should outline the kinds of AI and big data challenges you are interested in and which of our challenging contexts particularly appeal to you. However, you do not need to provide a detailed research plan at this time as it will be formed during the first year.
- Copy of UK residence visa (if applicable)
How to Apply:
To apply for Fully Funded CDT Scholarships, have scanned copies of all the documents, go to the link below and follow the guidelines. Only online applications are accepted.