Outstanding international students are given Master Mind Scholarships by the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training for master’s programs in Flanders and Brussels.
|€9,600 plus the waiver of tuition
|1-year or 2 year
Table of Contents
Benefits of Master Mind Scholarships in Belgium
A Master Mind Scholarship entitles the recipient to a grant of €9,600 plus the waiver of tuition for one academic year (60 ECTS). Holders of the Master Mind Scholarship have to pay an enrollment fee. The stipend, which is given in installments, pays for a sizable portion of their living expenditures as well as their insurance premiums and lodging fees.
To apply for the Master Mind Scholarships in Belgium, the following eligibility criteria are considered:
- Except for Russian nationals, all nationalities are eligible.
- Before the deadline set by the school, the student must apply to a master’s program at an eligible institution.
- Before the deadline, the student must indicate that he or she would like to be considered for Master Mind.
- The student’s potential and academic achievement are of a high caliber. A high-grade Point Average (GPA) indicates excellent academic outcomes, as stated on the transcript of records.
- Regardless of the minimal scores required by the master’s degree, the student has a strong understanding and command of the language of instruction.
- Enrolled students in Flemish higher education institutions are not eligible. International students who are enrolled in a specific preparation program to begin their master’s degree in September 2024 will be the only exemption made at the time of their scholarship application in the spring of 2024.
- The Master Mind Scholarships are not available to students enrolled in the following programs during the 2024–2025 academic year:
- programs for preparation,
- bridging initiatives and
- remote education.
- The Master Mind grant cannot be combined with any other Flemish government grant or an Erasmus Mundus fellowship.
Host Institutions eligible for Master Mind Scholarships
The first step in applying to a Flemish host institution that takes part in the Master Mind Scholarship Program is for you to indicate your interest.
- KU Leuven
- Deadline: 1 February 2024, 23.59 CET.
- University of Antwerp
- Deadline: TBA
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Ghent University
- Deadline: TBA
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Deadline: TBA
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts:
- LUCA School of Arts:
- PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts:
Documents/Material Required to Apply
Files that need to be uploaded:
- Passport picture
- National ID or an international passport
- A curriculum vitae that includes your publications, academic honors, prior scholarships, and your American GPA out of 4.0, if relevant.
- GPA Calculator: https://www.scholaro.com/ (See How to Calculate Your American GPA in the Annex.)
- Records transcript; if written in a language other than English, Dutch, French, or German, a certified translation must be included.
- Results of the English language proficiency exam or the host university’s letter of exemption
- The motivational letter, written in English
- Two signed reference letters in English, prepared by instructors from your recent workplace, your (former) home university, or the University of Applied Sciences (and Arts).
- A certified translation must be enclosed if the obtained diploma is written in a language other than Dutch, French, German, or English.
Master Mind Scholarships in Belgium Deadlines
Master Mind Scholarships deadlines vary depending on the institute selected.
- Determine whether the Flemish institution of your choice is a Master Mind Scholarship participant and whether you are eligible to apply.
- Select the institute and go to its official website.
- Send the host institution your application.
- The eligible applications are preselected by the host institution
- The host school creates your application file in the Mobility-Online application program to begin the Master Mind Scholarship application process.
- The Mobility-Online tool notifies you via email that you have been pre-selected for a Master Mind Scholarship.
- Before the deadline, register using the Mobility-Online tool and finish your application file there.
- Before the deadline, the host institution verifies and uploads the finished application file using the Mobility-Online service.
For more details, visit here.