A number of Trent University Undergraduate Scholarships are available in Canada to assist international students in their academic endeavors. These awards are intended to honor leadership abilities, a variety of accomplishments, and intellectual brilliance. They provide financial aid to worthy applicants and are usually merit-based, supporting a range of academic subjects.
|Up to $34,000/year or up to $136,000 for 4 years
|Up to 4 years
|January 21, 2024.
Table of Contents
Located in Peterborough, Ontario, Trent University is a public liberal arts institution that also has a satellite campus in Oshawa that serves the Durham Regional Municipality. Trent is renowned for its small class sizes and Oxbridge college system. Trent is a collegiate university consisting of five colleges. Every college has its own student government, dining hall, and residence halls. Trent University Durham GTA has around 1,900 full- and part-time students registered at its Thornton Road site in Oshawa, and over 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at its Peterborough campus.
Trent University Undergraduate Scholarships
A number of Trent University Undergraduate scholarships are available to international students who want to pursue their undergraduate degree from a well-recognized international university. The following are a few examples of well-known Trent University undergraduate scholarships available to foreign students:
Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships
International students who have demonstrated exceptional academic accomplishment, community service, leadership potential, and a degree of financial need are eligible to apply for this renewable fellowship. Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards provide up to $34,000 in tuition and mandatory ancillary fees per academic year, or up to $136,000 over the course of a four-year degree, to Trent University.
Trent International Program Tuition Levy Scholarship
An annual charge paid by Trent University students supports this renewable scholarship. Tuition Levy Scholarship covers foreign tuition and related costs of up to $34,000 per academic year, or up to $136,000 over a 4-year degree, based on exceptional academic accomplishment, a good record of community and/or international service, leadership, and some financial need.
Moore Family International Scholarship
This new scholarship was made possible by the kind generosity of longtime Trent supporters David and Joan Moore. It will provide three students from outside North America with an annual stipend of $12,000 and a maximum award of $48,000. The recipients will be chosen on the basis of their exceptional academic record, potential for leadership, community service, and financial need. Over a four-year degree, this grant is renewable up to $48,000.
Justin Chiu International Scholarships
Justin Chiu, an international student who gained from his time at Trent, established this scholarship. given to incoming Asian international students who show promise for leadership, exceptional academic success, and a small amount of financial need. Scholarships range in value from $3,000 to $15,000 per academic year, which helps to significantly offset the expense of a Trent education. Over a four-year degree, this grant is renewable for a maximum of $12,000– $60,000.
Maple Leaf Leadership Award
Awarded to a foreign student from a Maple Leaf Education System school who is going to Trent University and shows exceptional academic success, leadership potential, community service, and financial need. The $2,000 prize is offered to a maximum of five students annually on a one-time basis.
Trent-United World Colleges (UWC) Scholarships
Given to an international student from a UWC college who is transferring to Trent University and exhibits exceptional academic performance, a strong commitment to community service, the ability to take on leadership roles, and financial necessity. After financial need is evaluated, the scholarship’s worth is established. It can cover up to $34,000 in foreign tuition and other expenses for each academic year and up to $136,000 for a four-year degree.
- You have to be a foreign student making international tuition payments.
- With a study permit in hand, you will be studying in Canada.
- You have to have applied to Trent University’s undergraduate programs for the summer or fall of 2024. Master’s and PhD students, as well as postgraduate certificates, are not eligible.
- You must fulfill all prerequisites for admission to Trent University, including the English language proficiency requirements as well as general and degree-specific requirements. (Note that applicants for scholarships and awards do not require an acceptance offer.)
- You received at least an 85% (Canadian Equivalent) on your final high school average.
- By January 21, 2024, at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time), you must finish and submit the Trent International Scholarships & Awards online application through your MyTrent portal.
- To be eligible for the scholarship money, you must complete the requirements listed in your conditional offer letter and enroll in classes.
Trent University Undergraduate Scholarships Timeline
- The application period for Trent International Scholarships and Awards opens November 1.
- January 5th is the deadline for summer or fall 2024 applications.
- The application deadline for Trent International Scholarships and Awards is January 21st. Additionally, the deadline for turning in your predicted or final grades in order to be eligible for scholarships and awards.
- The decision will be communicated to all candidates on March 28.
Please complete the application on myTrent portal to see if you qualify for the prestigious scholarships and awards. It is located under the Finances tab > International > Trent International Scholarships and Awards 2024 Application Form.
If you haven’t already, click this link to activate your myTrent portal. (Note: in order to access your myTrent portal, you must first apply for admission to Trent. You will get your seven-digit Trent student ID number within five business days of submitting your application.)
If you applied to Trent through an agent, please contact them for the login details and other information pertaining to the myTrent portal. This information cannot be withheld from you by an agent.