The University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships give exceptional overseas students the chance to study at one of the greatest universities in the world in a city with a diverse population. Students who exhibit excellent academic achievement, and innovation, and who are regarded as leaders in their school are to be honored through the scholarship program. The student’s influence on their school and community, as well as their potential to make future contributions that will be beneficial to the world community, are given significant consideration.
|Host Institute||University of Toronto|
|Fellowship Type||Fully Funded|
|No of Scholarships||37|
|Closing Date||January 15, 2024|
These scholarships, which are given out annually, honor deserving students from all around the world, including foreigners who attend Canadian high schools. The most renowned and competitive scholarship available to overseas students at U of T is this one. For four years, full housing support as well as tuition, books, and incidentals are all included in the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships. The grant is exclusively valid for first-year undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto. The number of Lester B. Pearson Scholars will be around 37 per year.
Table of Contents
University of Toronto
The University of Toronto, which was founded in 1827, is the largest university in Canada and a leader in both research and instruction internationally. The prestigious faculty, record of ground-breaking research, and abundance of cutting-edge academic opportunities at U of T continue to draw top scholars and students from around the globe. Few other colleges provide the same range of resources and programs.
Benefits of Lester B Pearson International Scholarships
For four years, full housing support as well as tuition, books, and incidentals are all included in the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships. The grant is exclusively valid for first-year undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto. The number of Lester B. Pearson Scholars will be around 37 per year.
To qualify for the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be one of the following:
- a non-Canadian international student who needs a study permit;
- either in your final year of high school or no earlier than June 2023 after graduating
- starting your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (post-secondary students currently enrolled are ineligible);
- Students who begin their studies at another post-secondary institution in January 2024 are ineligible.
Lester B Pearson International Scholarships Timeline
- Deadline for school nominations: November 30, 2023
- The deadline for student OUAC admission applications is December 15, 2023. (Please note that this is the last day to submit an application to the OUAC; while you may still do so up until December 15, 2023, it is advised that you do it as soon as possible. Prior to November 7, 2023, is the suggested deadline for admission applications because popular programs may close early and spots in them fill up quickly.
- The deadline for student scholarship applications is January 15, 2024.
- Apply to the University of Toronto(external link) so that you can start your studies there in September 2024, and make sure to submit your admissions application by the necessary deadlines(external link). Please be aware that you will be given the Pearson Scholarship consideration for your first choice of the U of T program. The Pearson Scholarship, if granted to you, would be limited to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are announced. You may apply to many programs and be admitted to them all.
- You can submit your Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application online after we’ve received a nomination and you’ve submitted an application to the school of your choice. Once your school has successfully nominated you for the award, you will receive a private link to the application.
For more details on Lester B Pearson International Scholarships, visit here.