The France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship program, also known as the “Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program” in French, is a prominent scholarship program that the French government offers to entice outstanding international students to study in France. Gustave Eiffel, the architect of the Eiffel Tower, was the inspiration for the creation of the scholarship program, which was started in 1999.
|Host Institute||French higher education institutions|
|Eligible Nationality||All except French|
|Fellowship Type||Monthly Stipend|
|Duration||Upto 36 months|
|Closing Date||January 10, 2024|
The French government sponsors the illustrious scholarship program known as the “France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship Program” in an effort to get bright, international students to study there. Gustave Eiffel, the architect of the Eiffel Tower, was the inspiration for the creation of the scholarship program, which was started in 1999.
Table of Contents
Benefits of the France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship Program
The following are the benefits of the France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship Program:
- Holders of the Master’s level France Excellence Eiffel scholarship get a monthly stipend of €1,181, to which additional services such as international and domestic transportation, insurance, housing searches, cultural events, etc. are added.
- A monthly salary of €1,700 is given to doctoral-level France Excellence Eiffel scholarship recipients, to which additional services like international and domestic transportation, insurance, house searches, cultural events, etc. are added.
- The France Excellence Eiffel program does not pay tuition costs for either of the program’s components.
Area of Study
The following seven disciplines of study are covered under the two primary disciplinary fields for the France Excellence Eiffel scholarships:
For Science and Technology
- Biology and Health
- Ecological Transition
- Mathematics and Digital
- Engineering Sciences
For Humanities and Social Sciences
- History, French language, and civilization
- Law and political science
- Economics and management
- a maximum of 12 months when enrolling in an M2
- a maximum of 24 months when enrolling in an M1
- a maximum of 36 months for the completion of an engineering degree
The France Excellence Eiffel scholarship is awarded for a period of 6 to 36 months starting on September 1 of the year the scholarship is awarded.
Levels of Study
Candidates submitted to the France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship Program by French higher education institutions are guaranteed enrollment if:
- in master’s degree-granting courses
- in a program for engineers
- ln collaboration with an international partner university as part of a joint doctoral program (joint supervision of dissertation and/or dual degree).
The fellowship is available to non-French national students who want to study for a master’s or doctoral degree at French higher education institutions. Typically, applicants must be 30 years old or younger. For PhD candidates, there might be certain exclusions.
- Nationality: Applicants must not be French citizens. Nationals of France are not permitted to apply for the Eiffel Scholarship.
- Age: Candidates applying for master’s level positions must be under 30 at the time of application. There is no set age restriction for PhD candidates.
- Academic Level: There are normally two academic levels for which the Eiffel Scholarship program is offered:
- Master’s level: Candidates must be looking to enroll in a master’s program.
- Ph.D. level: Candidates must be submitting applications to Ph.D. programs.
- Host Institute: Candidates must submit an application to and be accepted by a French higher education school that offers programs that qualify for the Eiffel Scholarship. To take part in the program, the institution needs to have an agreement with Campus France.
January 10, 2024, is the deadline for Campus France to receive applications.
The France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship Program Application Procedure
Students cannot apply directly, Make contact with the French higher education facility(s) where you want to continue your studies. Ask about the precise guidelines and deadlines for the Eiffel Scholarship applications. Obtain all the required application materials, and then send your application straight to the French higher education center where you intend to enroll. The French higher education school may suggest you for the Eiffel Scholarship if your application is accepted at the institutional level. Your application will be forwarded to the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) for additional review. Following are the steps to apply for the France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship Program:
- For guidance and advice on your study plans, get in touch with Campus France in your home country or the Cooperation and Cultural Action Department of the French Embassy.
- Contact the foreign relations department of a French institution via its website, phone, or e-mail to find out the steps and dates for submitting an application.
- You must decide which college or institution best suits your goals for studying in France.
All French higher education institutions can submit applications.
- The organization acknowledges and supports the France Excellence Eiffel scholarship application you have submitted.
- Your application is submitted by the organization online through the specific Campus France website.
Direct applications from students or applications from foreign universities will be deemed ineligible.
For more details and to apply, visit here.