The Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships (GOI-IES) will be awarded to high-achieving students from non-EU/EEA countries for one year of full-time study in Ireland.
|Host Institute||Various(List given Below)|
|Scholarship Level||Masters or Ph.D. levels|
|No. of Scholarships||60|
|Eligible Countries||Non-EU/EEA countries|
|Eligible Courses||All fields of study|
Table of Contents
Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarship
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) has issued the 2023 Call under the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme. Under the initiative, 60 scholarships will be awarded to successful candidates who have been offered a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution for one year of study at the Masters or Ph.D. levels. The offer is open to non-EU/EEA students and is applicable to all fields of study.
The goal of the GOI-IES scheme for 2023 is to reflect Ireland’s involvement in target partner countries. The scheme is run in the higher education sector and is funded in collaboration between the Irish government and higher education institutions (HEIs). Scholarships are marketed as prestigious awards that convey key messages about Ireland as a centre of international education, research, and innovation.
The HEA will award the student a scholarship of €10,000 for one academic year (via the HEI that the student attends). This fund is intended to cover student expenses and living expenses. The scholarship may be for one year of a taught master’s degree programme or one year of a research programme (for example, one year of a 2-year research master’s or a 3-4-year PhD programme).
Successful students will receive:
- A stipend of €10,000 for one year of study
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Other registration fees at the higher education institution are waived in full.
Eligible Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
To be eligible for the Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarship Applicants must apply for admission to a relevant Masters or PhD programme offered by an eligible HEI in accordance with the admission procedures of that institution. At the time of application, candidates are expected to receive a conditional or final admission offer to the HEI and will be required to provide a copy of the offer.
The following institutions are all eligible for the GOI-IES 2023 programme:
- American College Dublin
- Atlantic Technological University
- CCT College, Dublin
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- University of Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- South East Technological University
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
The Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships will be awarded to high-achieving students from non-EU/EEA countries to study full-time in Ireland for a year. The following terms and conditions will apply:
- Applicants must be from a country other than the EU/EEA, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland.
- Applicant must have lived continuously outside the EU/EEA/United Kingdom/Switzerland region for at least three of the previous five years.
- The scholarship stipend will be paid to the successful applicant’s host higher education institution (HEI). The HEI will then implement a system for transferring funds to the awardee.
- If an applicant receives more than one-course offer, separate applications may be submitted for each course offer.
- Final offers are conditional on admission to the relevant HEI. Before submitting their application through the online platform, applicants should contact the relevant institution directly.
- Scholarships may be granted for study in any discipline, subject to space availability.
To apply for the Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarship following documents are required:
- Offer letter from any Higher education university in Ireland
- Valid passport
- Academic transcripts and degrees
- Two reference letters
- Personal statements
The deadline to apply for GOI-IES is 5 pm (Irish Time) on March 24, 2023.
How to Apply:
Eligible students are encouraged to apply through the official online application process at the Application Portal. Applications will be evaluated solely based on the information provided to the HEA at the time of submission.
You can also check for other Scholarships as well: