The University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships are a collection of financial aid programs made available by the Swiss university to deserving international students who want to enrol in a master’s programme there. Students who have an established academic record and exhibit potential for excellence in their field of study are given fellowships on a competitive basis.
|University of Geneva
|1 year (may be extended up to program length)
|10’000 to CHF 15’000/year
Table of Contents
University of Geneva
In Geneva, Switzerland, there is a public research university called the University of Geneva. John Calvin established it as a theological seminary in 1559. It didn’t become a hub for enlightenment scholarship until the 17th century, after which it returned to its theological roots.
One of the world’s top research institutions is the University of Geneva’s Faculty of Science. A wide range of scientific fields is covered by this cutting-edge research, including astronomy, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences, and environmental studies. The Masters’s programmes offered by the Faculty of Science are a perfect foundation for professional and academic growth, providing access to careers in business, education, administration in the sciences, communication, and the media.
Visit here for :
Benefits of the University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships
The Excellence Fellowship is a grant worth between CHF 10,000 and CHF 15,000 per year (no teaching responsibilities); it is given for one year and extended for the full three or four semesters of the chosen Master’s programme, depending on the applicant’s academic standing at the conclusion of the first semester of study. Depending on the programme and the student’s financial needs, the fellowship’s exact value varies.
The University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships may offer:
- Full Tuition Fee
- Monthly Stipend
- Living Expenses including Accommodation
- Air Flight tickets to and From
- medical Insurance Coverage
- Research grants
- Public Transportation Fare Allowance
For consideration for the University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships, candidates must fulfil the requirements listed below:
- have a bachelor’s degree from a reputable college or university
- have a solid academic history and exhibit potential for success in their field of study
- be proficient in the program’s chosen language of instruction, typically French or English.
- be an international student who does not hold Swiss or EU citizenship
- meet the admission criteria of the Master of your choice
Documents Required for The University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships
The following documents, each in the form of a SINGLE PDF file, must be included with the application (in either English or French):
- a scan of your passport or government-issued ID.
- a curriculum vitae, no longer than two pages.
- The transcript of all grades for the exams passed during the bachelor’s degree programme.
- a letter of motivation outlining your reasons for wanting to enrol in the University of Geneva’s Master of Science programme as well as your specific scientific interests.
- Where possible two letters of recommendation attesting to your suitability for this programme, preferably sent directly from the professors to Excellence-Master-Sciences@unige.ch.
- any additional relevant information, such as the GRE (General Requirements Exam), TOEFL, or other language test results.
Online applications are accepted beginning at the start of each year’s January. The next deadline for applications is February 28, 2024 (beginning on September 16, 2024 for Masters students).
Application Process for The University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships
You must fulfil the requirements for admission to the Master of your choice and be chosen based on your application materials for an Excellence Fellowship. By submitting an application for admission to the master’s programme of their choice and indicating their interest in the fellowship, applicants can apply for the fellowship. High academic achievement and the potential for future success in the chosen field of study are key considerations in the highly competitive selection process.
The University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships online application form will be available in January 2024. Following registration, you will get an email with a unique link that you can use to complete the application. For the application to be considered, each student has to fulfil the enrollment procedure as described on the Admissions Office website.