Study abroad programs accredited by ICP Connect are available for enrollment. VLIR-UOS provides ICP Connect Scholarships to students from 29 qualifying countries in Latin America, Asia, and Africa so they can enroll in one of the 15 master’s programs offered by Flemish universities that are taught in English. For every ICP, VLIR-UOS offers ten fresh first-year scholarships each year.
|tuition fees, travel, insurance and living expenses
|February 1, 2024
Table of Contents
Benefits of ICP Connect Scholarships
Tuition, travel, insurance, and living expenses (board and lodging) are all covered by VLIR-UOS scholarships. ICP Connect Scholarships are only available for the whole 12- or 24-month Master’s degree. It is not feasible to submit an application for an extension or a partial scholarship.
Those who fit the following requirements are eligible to apply for an ICP Connect scholarship:
- The candidate must be qualified for admission to the chosen Master’s program(List Given below).
- The applicants must be citizens and residents of one of the 29 developing countries (list given below). The applicant doesn’t need to reside in the same country at the time of application.
- For initial master’s programs, candidates must be no older than 35, and for advanced master’s programs, no older than 45 on January 1st of the year of admission.
- A candidate may submit only one application for the VLIR-UOS ICP Connect scholarship each year. In order to enroll in this study program and another program concurrently, candidates are not eligible to earn any other scholarships or grants.
- The candidates must not have registered in a study program at a Belgian higher education institution before January 1st of the admission year, nor may they have previously been awarded a scholarship by the Belgian government to pursue a study program.
- Submitting an application for admission to any of the VLIR-UOS ICP Connect programs listed below instantly initiates the process of applying for a scholarship. If you fulfill all the requirements, there is no need for any action.
Eligible Study Programs
VLIR-UOS supports a selection of 10 initial and 5 advanced master programs. Check out our one- and two-year programs below.
Advanced masters (one year)
- Master of Human Settlements
- Master of Development Evaluation and Management
- Master of Governance and Development
- Master of Globalisation and Development
- Master of Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies (CADES)
Initial masters (two-year)
- International Master of Science in Agro- and Environmental Nematology
- International Master of Science in Rural Development
- Master of Aquaculture
- Master of Epidemiology
- Master of Science in Food Technology
- Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management
- Master of Statistics and Data Science
- Master in Sustainable Development
- Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety
- Master of Water Resources Engineering
The candidate must be a citizen of one of the 29 scholarship countries; they do not need to live in the same nation during the application process:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Documents/Material Required to Apply
Without the following essential documents, your online application cannot be submitted:
- Your CV
- Letter of Motivation
- Scans of your academic diplomas and transcripts
- Scans of the translation of your diploma and official transcripts
- Grading table, or a document explaining the grading system of your home university
- ICP Connect scholarship document
- English Proficiency Certificate
- A scan of the identity page of your passport
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Digital portfolio (Only for those who apply for an MA in Human Settlements).
*Upload documents in PDF form only.
The scholarship deadlines are subject to change every year and can differ depending on the institution’s funding availability and policies. The deadline to apply for ICP Connect Scholarships is February 1, 2024, for the 2024–2025 academic year.
- Verify your eligibility in light of all the requirements.
- View the Master’s degree offerings (15).
- Visit the websites of each master’s program to find out more.
- If a certain program piques your interest, visit the university’s website and adhere to the guidelines.
- Apply for the scholarship and admission to the program on the university website. Make sure to indicate in your program application whether you would like to apply for a scholarship. Application for more than one Master’s program in a year is not advised.
- Note: The application link is available only concerned master program-affiliated university website which can be found here.
For more details and to apply visit here.