The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships aims to assist overseas students who wish to pursue graduate or undergraduate studies in New Zealand. By offering financial aid for education, these scholarships hope to promote cultural interchange and strengthen ties between New Zealand and other countries.
Agriculture, business, design, education, engineering, hospitality, information technology, nursing, science, and tourism are just a few subjects in which the scholarships are offered. Financial assistance is usually provided to recipients for living expenses, tuition, travel expenses, and other expenditures associated with their education.
|Various Universities in New Zealand
|It depends upon the course selected
|February 1st, 2024
|28th February, 2024
International students from qualifying nations can apply for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships for higher education. The New Zealand government provides funding for these scholarships.
The goal of the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships is to assist the education of citizens of developing countries so that they can use their newly gained knowledge and abilities to better their own countries.
Table of Contents
List of Eligible Countries
Students from the following countries can apply for Fully Funded Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships:
- Eligible Pacific countries:
- Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji (postgraduate only), Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
- Kiribati, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
- Asian Countries:
- Cambodia, Indonesia, Jordan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam
- African Countries:
- Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Djibouti, Eswatini, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Caribbean Countries:
- Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname.
- Latin America Countries:
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela
Fully Funded Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships Criteria
To apply for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Applications for the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship must be submitted by individuals who are at least eighteen years of age at the start of the scholarship program. There is no upper age limit for applicants. Nonetheless, preference is given to applicants under 40.
- Do not apply for a student visa if you are not offered and accept a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship. The student must start the visa application procedure as soon as they accept the scholarship by visiting the relevant immigration website.
- Successful scholarship applicants must meet the academic entrance requirements as well as the English language competence requirements specified by each educational institution.
- As soon as feasible, candidates for PhD scholarships should begin searching for and emailing capable PhD supervisors at New Zealand universities.
- The only scholars chosen are those who have applied for scholarships after living in their own country for two years.
- Those who graduated from high school more than three years ago or those applying for postgraduate scholarships must have relevant work experience. The following conditions must be met by work experience, which can be voluntary, paid, or unpaid:
- a full year of work experience, which is equivalent to thirty hours a week, OR
- two years of experience as a part-time worker putting in up to 29 hours per week.
Eligible Study Subjects
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships that are fully funded are available for various courses. The subjects that qualify may differ depending on the nation. This is the list of subjects that qualify. Eligible Subjects
Eleven accredited educational institutions—three technical institutes and eight universities—allow Manaaki New Zealand Scholars to enroll.
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Southern Institute of Technology
- Unitec Institute of Technology
- Wintec – Waikato Institute of Technology
Timeline for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships
The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships webpage will open on February 1st and close on February 28th, 2024, for tertiary study.
How to Apply for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships
- Take the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships online eligibility test to see if you qualify to apply. If the online eligibility test finds you to be eligible, you will be given an eligibility code (number).
- If you fit the qualifying conditions, you may start the process of registering for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Account by selecting the “register” button on the website.
- Use your Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Account to access the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship online application system anytime between the opening and closing dates for your country.
Go here to apply for the Fully Funded Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships and additional information.