Thanks to the Chulalongkorn University Graduate Scholarship Program, a prestigious program created to enable and assist deserving graduate students in their pursuit of higher education at one of Thailand’s top universities.
|Two-year Master’s degree scholarship
Three-year Doctoral degree scholarships
|May 13, 2024
Table of Contents
Chulalongkorn University is well known for its dedication to innovative research, academic excellence, and creating a vibrant learning environment. Chulalongkorn University, often known as Chula, is a public, independent research institution located in Bangkok, Thailand. Supported by Thailand’s Office of Nation Education Standards and Quality Assessment, it is one of the country’s national research universities. Additionally, CU is the sole university in Thailand that belongs to the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU).
Chulalongkorn University Graduate Scholarship Program
The university’s commitment to developing gifted people is demonstrated by the Chulalongkorn University Graduate Scholarship, which offers funding, chances for study, and a space for intellectual development. This program seeks to draw a talented and varied group of graduate students who have outstanding leadership potential, outstanding academic merit, and a strong desire to make contributions to their areas.
Benefits of the Chulalongkorn University Graduate Scholarship
Chulalongkorn University Graduate Scholarship Program offers the following benefits to students:
- An actual round-trip ticket in economy class. Furthermore, it ought to be mentioned that
- The maximum airfare for each leg of the trip for ASEAN students is 8,500 Baht.
- The total cost of each leg of the trip’s flight for students from Asian nations cannot exceed 12,000 Baht.
- The total cost of each leg’s airfare for students from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Africa cannot be more than 20,000 Baht;
- The total cost of each leg’s airfare for students from North and South America cannot be more than 30,000 Baht.
- University Tuition Fees (Faculty tuition, program-specific fees, and summer sessions are not included. Students and faculty/program must make advance arrangements.)
- A monthly allowance of 16,000 Baht for lodging and stipend.
- International graduate students from ASEAN or non-ASEAN nations are eligible to apply. After graduating from Chulalongkorn University, faculty, researchers, and academic staff who will return to teach or work at their home universities are preferred.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a discipline relevant to the position for which they are applying. Their application must be presented with an official academic transcript and a degree certificate.
- The applicants’ grade point averages for their undergraduate and graduate degrees must have been no less than 2.75 and 3.25, respectively.
- Candidates cannot be older than 40 years old.
- A strong grasp of English is required of applicants. A minimum of 5.0 on the IELTS or 500 on the TOEFL is needed.
- Candidates need to be in good health condition.
It should be emphasized that applicants for this scholarship must not be citizens of ASEAN or non-ASEAN nations and must be enrolled in any program at Chulalongkorn University for more than one semester.
Documents/Material Required to Apply
- A completed application form with an attached one-inch photo.
- An updated resume,
- A transcript of grades from the applicant’s most recent academic institution,
- A graduation certificate, if one is available.
- A copy of the passport of the candidate.
- Two reference letters from the applicant’s superiors or the Head, Director, or Dean of the institution with which they are affiliated.
- A health certificate.
The Chulalongkorn University Graduate Scholarship application date for the first semester of the 2024 academic year is May 13, 2024. However, each faculty or program determines its date for applications and timeline for selection.
The completed application form (.docx) and any necessary supporting documentation must be sent by the applicant directly to the faculty or program of their choosing by the deadline established by the Office of Academic Affairs at the university.
The faculty or program of the applicant’s choosing must screen and recruit them before sending their names to Chulalongkorn University’s Office of Academic Affairs. It is required that all pertinent application materials that have been reviewed by the faculty or program reach the Office of Academic Affairs.
The application form and any other supporting documentation should be sent by applicants to the faculty or program of their choosing at least two weeks before the deadline established by the university’s Office of Academic Affairs.
Visit here for more details about Chulalongkorn University Graduate Scholarship Program or go here for programs offered by Chulalongkorn University.