The University of Hawaii International Undergraduate Student Scholarship is intended to assist deserving foreign students who are enrolled/want to study at the University of Hawaii at Manoa in the undergraduate program. This scholarship program usually provides financial aid for eligible international undergraduate students to help cover living expenses or tuition costs.
|University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
|Incoming or continuing
|Up to 4 years
Table of Contents
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
The University of Hawaii at Mānoa (aka UH) is the University of Hawaii in Mānoa. Located in Mānoa, a neighborhood of Honolulu, Hawaii, Mānoa, Hawaiʻi, or simply UH, is a public land-grant research institution. Across its 17 colleges and schools, UH provides more than 200 degree programs. The Hawaii State Legislature and a somewhat independent board of regents oversee the institution, which holds accreditation from the WASC Senior College and University Commission. It is a participant in the Pacific Rim Universities Association.
Benefits of International Undergraduate Student Scholarship
The following are the benefits of the University of Hawaii at Manoa International Undergraduate Student Scholarship:
- $10,000 for the academic year (each semester, fall and spring) ($5,000 each semester), renewable based on continuous eligibility
- Only for tuition & fees at UH Monroe
- Not valid for classes taken at other UH campuses or UHM Extension courses
- Not to be coupled with the Mānoa International Excellence Scholarship (MIES) or the International Merit Award Scholarship (IMAS), which are managed by the Admissions Office.
The following are the criteria for the University of Hawaii at Manoa International Undergraduate Student Scholarship:
- Available to all incoming and current UH Mānoa undergraduate students with an F-1 or J-1 visa status.
- Freshmen and new transfers must apply for admission to UHM.
- Applicants for a second bachelor’s degree and non-degree students (such as exchange students from other universities) are not eligible.
- You cannot apply for the IUSS if you are presently receiving the Mānoa International Excellence Scholarship (MIES) or the International Merit Award Scholarship (IMAS).
- Minimum Cumulative GPA 3.0.
For continuing students February 15 is the deadline to apply for International Undergraduate Student Scholarship; the precise date will be specified in the current application. The incoming students have to apply for admission at UH Mānoa before April 1, 2024.
There is no application needed for new students. Students’ applications for admission are automatically reviewed. Students who submit their admissions applications early will be given priority. To be eligible for the International Undergraduate Student Scholarship, you have to apply for UH Mānoa for admission; you’ll be immediately considered for the IUSS. If you submit your application by the admission deadline, it will be given preference over others.
If you are enrolled at UH Mānoa already, you are regarded as a continuing student even if it is your first time. Complete the IUSS application online. To use the application, you need to have a UH email address. You will see an error notice and be unable to access the application if you are presently connected to a personal Gmail account. If so, go to the URL again and log out of your personal Gmail account. You should then be able to connect to your UH account. The winners of the awards will be notified by April 1st or later.
For more details about the University of Hawaii at Manoa International Undergraduate Student Scholarship, visit here.