GREAT Scholarships provide students from 14 countries with £10,000 towards tuition fees for a variety of one-year taught postgraduate courses. In the 2024-25 academic year, 49 universities in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland will offer 200 scholarships.
|72 universities in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland
|No. of Scholarships
|Monday 15 April 2024 (expected)
|This may vary for each institute (Usually from May to June 2024)
Table of Contents
Requirements to Apply for the GREAT Scholarships
GREAT scholars must meet the following requirements:
- be citizens of a GREAT target country.
- hold an undergraduate degree that will allow them to enter a postgraduate program at one of the UK universities participating in the GREAT Scholarships campaign.
- be academically capable of following and benefiting from a UK postgraduate taught course.
- be actively involved in the field, with work experience or a demonstrated interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement as well as other academic requirements of the UK HEI
- be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience by attending lectures and tutorials and participating in extra-curricular activities, as well as serve as an ambassador for UK Higher Education by promoting the benefits of studying at a UK HEI.
- be willing to establish a personal and academic engagement with the UK as a scholar; and
- represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships.
- be willing to attend Study UK and British Council events or participate in other activities for all UK-based GREAT scholars, including social media activities to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to demonstrate future contributions to capacity-building and socioeconomic advancement as a result of benefits obtained from UK higher education.
- be willing to keep in touch with the British Council and serve as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships by sharing their experiences studying in the UK with future GREAT scholars.
- As a GREAT Scholarships alumnus, be willing to speak to potential candidates about their own experience studying in the UK on occasion.
GREAT Scholarships Target Countries
Benefits of Scholarship
The scholarship program provides students pursuing one year of postgraduate education in the UK with financial assistance of at least £10,000. At the 72 institutions located in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, students can apply for courses in a variety of topic areas.
How to apply
This scholarship requires an online application. You will be asked to answer questions on your course of study and your future objectives as part of the application process.
- Go to your country page given above.
- Go to the university’s home page and then click on the link to the university’s website to find out more information.
- Individual scholarships should be applied for using the instructions provided on each university’s scholarship webpage.
- The deadline for applying for a GREAT Scholarship varies by institution. Please visit the institution page for more information on their deadlines.
- Individual universities will notify successful scholars of the outcome of their applications.
- Individual universities will award scholarships to successful scholars after they have registered.
Visit the official website for more details about GREAT Scholarships in the United Kingdom.
GREAT Scholarships for Justice and Law
For the academic year 2023-24, 20 justice and law postgraduate scholarships are available for students from the countries listed below (two scholarships for each country). GREAT Scholarships for Justice and Law are available to students who wish to pursue a one-year postgraduate course in law at a UK university. Students can apply to one of the 20 participating higher education institutions for courses in a variety of justice and law-related subjects such as human rights, criminal justice, and commercial law.
GREAT Scholarships for Climate Change
There are 14 postgraduate scholarships available for students from the following countries for the 2023-24 academic year. GREAT Scholarships for Climate Change are available to students who wish to pursue a one-year postgraduate degree at a UK university. Students can apply to one of the eight participating higher education institutions for courses in climate change-related subjects such as marine biology, environmental engineering, climate change and sustainability, and green technology.