Several Malmo University scholarships are available for prospective students from countries other than the European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA). These scholarships are given based on academic achievement, experience, and motivation.
Table of Contents
Malmö University is a public research university in Malmö, Sweden. Malmö University is Sweden’s 9th largest educational institution, with over 24,000 students and approximately 1,600 employees. Malmö University’s curriculum includes courses in migration, international relations, political science, sustainability, urban studies, and new media and technology. It frequently includes internship and project work in close collaboration with external partners.
Malmo University Scholarships
Malmo University offers a number of scholarships in various categories. Some of these scholarships are briefly mentioned below:
1. Malmo University Master’s Scholarship
Malmö University awards a limited number of scholarships each year to qualified master’s students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland who are required to pay tuition fees. Students admitted to two-year programs who successfully complete the first year of study and meet the progression criteria keep their scholarship for the second year.
They cover a portion or the entire tuition fee but not other expenses such as living expenses.
Students who have applied to an English-taught master’s program and meet all of the following requirements are eligible for the Malmö University Master’s Scholarship:
- Applied in the first round of admissions.
- On University Admissions, they chose an English-taught master’s program at Malmö University as their first choice (ranked as number 1 of 4)
- They were accepted into their first-choice program.
- Tuition fees for university studies in Sweden are required.
The Malmo University Master’s Scholarship application period for the academic year 2024/25 will open in April 2024.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, complete the following steps:
- As a first priority, apply to one of our master’s programs through University Admissions. Make sure to pay the University Admissions application fee.
- After the Notification of Selection Results, admitted students will receive more information on how to apply for the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on prior academic achievement, the experience described in your CV, and your ability to motivate social engagement through your chosen program at Malmö University.
- Those who have been offered a scholarship will be notified by the middle of May. Those who are not selected will not be notified individually.
2. Malmö University Excellence Scholarship
The Malmö University Excellence Scholarship (MUES) covers tuition for the upcoming academic year. It covers a portion or the entire tuition fee but not other expenses such as living expenses.
Who can Apply?
Students who are currently enrolled in a program at Malmö University will begin their second or third year of studies in the upcoming Autumn Semester. Prior to applying for a scholarship, students must have completed all of the courses included in the program study plan.
The scholarship application period for the academic year 2024/25 will begin at the conclusion of the Spring Semester of 2024. Near the end of the Spring Semester, eligible students will receive more information on how to apply for the scholarship.
3. The Crafoord Foundation Travel Grant
Malmö University has announced Crafoord Foundation travel grants of 15,000 SEK each for students who want to spend at least three weeks collecting data for their bachelor’s or master’s thesis in a country outside of Europe/EEA.
Because your application will be evaluated based on how feasible your proposed project is, it is critical that you clearly explain:
- What do you want to do,
- where you want to do it,
- how it will be done; methods, theory
- who will help you, i.e. your contact/s in the host country
Log in to the application portal (Link to Application Portal) and select the ‘Application for the Crafoord Foundation Travel Grant’ option. Log in with your computer ID. Upload the required documents and submit an application.